Sr Experience Designer | Contractor
Adobe Creative Cloud Express is seeking a Senior Experience Designer to build and craft engaging product moments and journeys that deliver delight, personalization, product discovery and learning opportunities to our growing customer base and fast evolving product. We are eager to find a hardworking and experienced design leader to develop and implement a strategy passionate about deepening our relationship with our customers through various stages of their product onboarding experience.
Creative Cloud Express makes design and content creation fast, fun, and streamlined for small and medium business owners, entrepreneurs, social media marketers, communicators, and side hustlers, with no design experience needed. Our Growth Design team is focused on delivering thoughtfully crafted experiences that shape user behavior and strengthen their relationship and success with content creation. We are at a pivotal point; we are reaching millions of communicators around the globe with an all-in-one creative tool that enables anyone to stand out. As a hands-on designer and strategic thought-leader on the team, you’ll uplevel and advocate for unified product experiences and thoughtful global customer insights in new markets.
What you’ll be working on
In this role, you will:
- Approach problems holistically. Collaborate with cross-functional team members to define strategy, requirements, and design experiments and product solutions across multiple touchpoints of the funnel, specific to the EMEA global market.
- Culturally localize design experiences for global markets. You’ll partner with content designers and product partners to create visual outputs and standards that are culturally relevant to international audiences.
- Listen deeply. Uncover opportunities to decrease friction and enable new pathways by talking to and listening to users about their frustrations and goals. Build a robust understanding of the key markets in EMEA, identify design recommendations based on your knowledge, and work with your squad to launch and iterate on those priorities.
- Own and create design impact. Imagine user experiences from concept to ship, lead the design vision, and coordinate designers to produce high quality solutions with a keen eye for detail.
- Simplify. Translate complex problems into sophisticated design solutions that are grounded in user research and data. Bring the vision to life through sketches, storyboards, hi-fidelity mockups, wireframes, prototypes, or animations.
- Create moments of accomplishment! Build moments of joy and motivation for our customers.
- Investigate and iterate. Test your prototypes, capture insights, and integrate your learnings into new versions of design experiments.
- Think big. Close product gaps, while discovering concepts to leap into the future. Advocate for innovative opportunities or end-to-end experiences.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- A degree in a design-related field or comparable work experience.
- Bilingual: High linguistic command in English and at least one of the following: German, French. Other EMEA region languages is a bonus.
- 7+ years of proven experience in UX and visual design, building and delivering consumer and/or enterprise products
- Ability to balance a growth mentality with design quality standards. Experience working with cross-functional teams built around data-informed hypotheses and research that informs design experimentation and iteration.
- Strength in creating both lo-fidelity prototypes and hi-fidelity concepts.
- A thirst to learn about how your designs perform and appetite to iterate weaving both qualitative and quantitative data. Curiosity about how business, social, technical and behavioral factors impact the UX inside and outside the product.
- Fluency in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, XD, Sketch, or similar tools, and working with a design system.
- Interest in staying on top of current UX and experience design trends in the EMEA market.
- Experience leading production designers to reach goals.
- Confident ability to articulate and present EMEA specific design decisions and principles, the problems they solve, and how they support business milestones, concisely to all functions of the organization, including executives.
- A sense of humor and passion for the customer! You are motivated by building delightful experiences for our users.
How to apply
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume and portfolio to email@example.com. Please include the role you are applying for in the subject line and email.
In your portfolio, we’d especially like to see examples of projects where you've applied engagement techniques, product onboarding or orienting, personalized customer offerings, gamification, end-to-end design process, and anything that shows building solutions that encourage learning and ongoing product or feature discovery. Please also include a personal project of your choice. If your portfolio is password protected, provide the PW in your submission.