Web Experience Designer | Contractor
Do you want to help build the next evolution of Adobe Express?
We're looking for a hardworking and expert Web Experience Designer to experiment, investigate, and craft an engaging web presence that delivers delight, information, interactive experiences and learning opportunities to our growing customer base and fast evolving product. You'll help develop and implement our customer acquisition strategy, deepening our relationship with our customers when they first become aware of us, and through various stages of their product onboarding.
Adobe Express makes design and content creation fast, fun, and streamlined for small and medium business owners, entrepreneurs, social media marketers, communicators, and side hustlers, with no design experience needed. The Growth Design team is focused on delivering thoughtfully crafted experiences that shape user behavior and strengthen users’ success with content creation. As a hands-on designer on the team, you’ll welcome our customers at our product's front door, and define their first impression.
What you’ll be working on
In this role, you will:
- Approach problems holistically. Collaborate with cross-functional team members to define strategy, requirements, design experiments and solutions across webpages, including product, SEO, partnership, pricing, and marketing pages.
- Listen deeply. Uncover opportunities to decrease friction and enable new pathways by talking to and listening to users about their frustrations and goals. Elevate these goals to internal partners to advocate for new approaches.
- Own and create design impact. Inspire user experiences from concept to ship that are grounded in user research and data to close gaps and increase page success and engagement. Coordinate with designers to produce high quality solutions with a keen eye for detail.
- Build and maintain visual systems. Refine graphic standards, expand web systems and libraries of content blocks, and find opportunities to experiment with emerging web design trends.
- Create moments of curiosity! Apply playful, interactive techniques and build moments of joy and motivation that compel our customers to try our product.
- Investigate and iterate. Test your prototypes, capture insights, and integrate your findings into new iterations to help close product gaps and discover new areas ripe for experimentation.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- A degree in a design-related field or comparable work experience
- 5+ years of proven experience in web based UX design, SEO and web page optimization, content and information hierarchies, interactive web elements and/or animations. A strong sense of visual communication and graphic design.
- Ability to balance a growth mentality with design quality standard. Strength in creating both lo-fidelity prototypes and hi-fidelity concepts.
- A thirst to learn about how your designs perform and appetite to iterate weaving both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Fluency in design software such as Adobe XD, Sketch, or similar tools, and working with a design system. Experience working with web design and/or content block based front end web tools. Optional nice to haves: basic Webflow and After Effects experience
- Interest in staying on top of current web UX and experience design trends.
- A desire to go beyond pixels: curiosity about how business, social, technical and behavioral factors impact the experience inside and outside the product.
- The ability to concisely and confidently present design decisions, the problems they tackle, and how they support business objectives, to crossfunctional leaders and partners
- A sense of humor and passion for the customer! You are motivated by building welcoming, exciting, and engaging experiences for our users.
How to apply
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume and portfolio to email@example.com. Please include the role you are applying for in the subject line and email.
We'd like to see a portfolio that showcases examples of projects where you've designed for webpage optimization, early user product onboarding, implementing or using web based systems, designs that exhibit information hierarchy strategies, and/or projects where user learning inspired design iteration. Please also include a personal project of your choice. If your portfolio is password protected, provide the PW in your submission.
This is a hybrid position at the Adobe’s offices in San Francisco, San Jose, or Seattle. You will be assigned to an Adobe office location, but in-office schedules will be flexible (2-3 days per week). Remote candidates in the West Coast of the US will also be considered.