Growth Design Lead | Contractor
Adobe Express is seeking an organized, entrepreneurial, and enthusiastic Growth Design Lead. You'll guide an Acquisition team that builds and crafts engaging product and web moments and journeys for our growing customer base and fast evolving product. A hardworking and experienced design leader, you're passionate about understanding what our prospective customers need most when they first arrive at our front door, and ensuring that we're delivering early value to them as they discover our product.
Adobe Express makes design and content creation fast, fun, and streamlined for small and medium business owners, entrepreneurs, social media marketers, communicators, and side hustlers, with no design experience needed. Our Growth Design team is focused on delivering thoughtfully crafted experiments that shape user behavior and strengthen their relationship and success with creating content.
This is a role for a people-focused lead who can roll up their sleeves to support their team, and is excited to grow a new product. You'll think equally about the creative direction and experience of Acquisition surfaces, and coordinating processes and design talent on the team. Surfaces include our website, landing pages, SEO pages, mobile app store, social community, partnerships, web editor, and viral collaboration product features. Your teams' work will inspire delight and curiosity every time a customer discovers Adobe Express.
What you’ll be working on
In this role, you will:
- Push the boundaries of what's possible in a web-based experience, owning the vision and expansion of our surfaces, and how we might experiment with changing trends to increase how our users engage with us.
- Support the growth, contributions, and happiness of a small team of outstanding product designers today. In the future, you will attract design talent to the team, hire, grow, retain and promote designers.
- Help drive strategy, process, and align team objectives with product management, engineering, data analytics and research. Continue to innovate and hold the bar high in our product experiences.
- Provide creative vision and strategic direction to the team. Uphold and expand our design standards to ensure amazing quality.
- Listen deeply. Talk to and listen to users about their frustrations and goals. Identify design hypotheses, test your prototypes, capture insights, and integrate your findings into the product experience
- Represent and present your and the team's work, approach, and strategy to executives and leaders across Adobe.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 5+ years of management or creative direction experience and 5+ years of user experience design experience. Strong people development and leadership capabilities.
- Strong strategic and UX systems thinking.
- An outstanding aesthetic sense and excellent communication of design standards. Strength in both lo-fidelity prototype and hi-fidelity concept creation.
- A sense for process that promotes clarity, predictability, and accountability.
- A thirst to learn about how your designs perform and an appetite to iterate. Curiosity about how both qualitative and quantitative data, business, social, technical and behavioral factors impact the UX inside and outside the product.
- A strong portfolio that showcases thoughtful, high-craft work as a creative leader and designer yourself
- Excellent story-telling and presentation skills
- Understanding and mastery of the latest design and collaboration tools
- Experience with video and content are a plus
How to apply
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the role you are applying for in the subject line and email.
In your portfolio, we’d especially like to see examples of projects where you've applied early user engagement techniques, product onboarding or orienting, personalized customer offerings, acquisition strategies (guiding users from webpage to sign up), SEO or web page design and optimization, team and/or project leadership from kickoff to launch, etc. Please also include a personal project of your choice. If your portfolio is password protected, provide the PW in your submission.
This is a hybrid position at the Adobe’s offices in San Francisco, San Jose, or Seattle. You will be assigned to an Adobe office location, but in-office schedules will be flexible (2-3 days per week).