Are you enthusiastic about the future of creativity and filmmaking? Adobe has a long history of redefining creative workflows and is the leading creator of professional video, audio, motion graphics, and collaboration software. The Adobe Digital Video & Audio team is looking for an Experience Designer to help reimagine creative workflows with cutting edge technology!
What you’ll be working on:
You’ll be the designing features for the world’s best creators on one of Adobe’s flagship applications: Premiere Pro. You’ll create the industry defining editing experiences that customers expect from Adobe. You’ll be working across projects and teams at various stages of development—from budding idea to ready to ship. You’ll help modernize all aspects of the Premiere experience for the next generation of creators and paint a vision of a bright future for one of the best brands in filmmaking history.
Your enthusiasm and critical eye for evaluating, incubating, and testing will be key to shipping high-quality products to customers. We’re building and launching the next generation of professional creative software, and we need extraordinary talent to craft it. If this excites you, we’re excited to chat!
As members of Adobe Design, we:
- Have meaningful ownership. We make important decisions about the way Adobe’s products look, feel, and behave.
- Understand and advocate for the customer. We work with researchers (or conduct our own), from discovery to usability testing.
- Grow and sharpen our skills. We present work to a broad cross-section of partners within the company. We use the latest design and prototyping tools. We are always improving our own design process.
- Collaborate. We are a cross-functional team that understands the value of design and needs strong design leaders to drive great design deeper into the culture of the organization
- Bring design to life. We value a wide range of prototyping methods as a way to quickly evaluate and iterate on designs.
- Ship. We see our designs built and placed in the hands of millions of creative customers.
What you’ll bring to the team
- 2+ years of experience and/or training in UX design or design related field
- 2+ years of experience as a video editor or related video post-production field
- Passion for art, creativity, and empowering people to create. Deep empathy for, and curiosity around the work of, creative professionals
- Experience launching products that delight and innovate
- Experience working with design researchers or conducting your own research, presenting results, and acting on insights
- Strong interpersonal, visual, written and oral communication skills
The ability to balance, prioritize and drive multiple projects simultaneously
Experience as a designer on collaborative teams, working on dynamic projects with many moving parts
Comfort in uncertainty; strong presence when presenting work
Knowledge and passion for accessible and inclusive design
Passion in a creative field other than video production (illustration, 3D-rendering, visual effects, publishing, pottery, painting, comics, photography, etc.)
How to apply
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume and portfolio. We’d like to see examples of both visual and interaction design details and systems-thinking approaches to design. This position is located in remote for the time being but will be in San Jose, San Francisco or Seattle offices.