Sr Experience Design Manager
Are you constantly thinking about improving workflows, solving large design and system challenges, or creating a more appealing visual design? This is an opportunity to work with and build a truly outstanding team at Adobe!
Our growing design team invents and redefines the account, e-commerce, identity, automation, and administrative experiences for consumer and business customers across all surfaces. We collaborate with business leaders, product managers, engineers, data scientists, and research to deeply understand customer needs and build exceptional products and experiences.
We’re seeking an energetic experience design leader who thinks holistically and inspires their team to use modern tools to evaluate multiple experience directions quickly. As a broad role, it will require a champion for crafting experiences that scale across a wide range of experience surfaces, from mobile devices and the web to desktop workstations.
This pragmatic leader will employ a user-centered and data-informed approach to lead the Business Commerce design team. They will work closely alongside their design leader, designers, partners, engineering, and product teams to develop ideas from concept to implementation. This role offers a chance to unify and deepen the commerce practice across surfaces, apps, and service ecosystem with visibility across the organization.
The ideal candidate should have a strong design background, a passion for excellent user experience, a desire to drive innovation and iteration, and an ability to lead and develop teams in the design industry.
What you’ll do
In this role, you will:
- Unify. Drive the evolution of the Business Commerce system by making important decisions about the way our experiences look, feel and behave.
- Lead. Enable a highly effective UX design organization including a culture of critique from concept through finished product
- Strategize. Define the future of Business Commerce experiences including how people discover, purchase, and successfully engage with Adobe apps and services
- Simplify. Break down large and complex problems into solvable chunks while prioritizing reliably in fast-moving and evolving environments to deliver practical design solutions
- Collaborate. Work closely and constructively with product management, visual and interaction designers, writers, engineers, and user researchers to lead product design
- Visualize. Bring design to life. Articulate the need and proposed solutions through sketches, storyboards, hi-fidelity mockups, prototypes, or animations across all levels of the organization.
- Influence. As a sought-after advocate for design excellence, you show design-thought leadership through collaborative sessions and workshops with product and engineering partners
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 4+ years of management and leadership experience
- Experience working in large teams with many moving parts
- Experience working with and/or helping your team conduct research, presenting results and acting on those results
- Awareness of how visual design languages and UI frameworks affect the design process
- A consistent track record of launching products that delight, innovate and scale
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Willingness and ability to contribute to the creative spirit of the design team and the company
- Ability to create mechanisms and processes to deliver quality product experiences in an effective, predictable way
- College degree or applicable experience
How to apply
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume and portfolio. We’d especially like to see strong systems thinking, establishment of design systems, and how your work has evolved over time.