Director of Design, Assets, Collaboration and Teams
Do you want to help build the future Collaboration and Team System at Adobe?
Adobe is looking for a Director of Design to join the Adobe Design team and drive the evolution of our collaboration and team management workflows across the company. You will lead a group of passionate and hard-working designers and managers who craft experiences across web, mobile, and desktop applications, demonstrating industry insights and AI/ML technologies to influence and enable individual and business efficiency.
Working closely with Product and Engineering executives, you will provide strategic design direction and feedback to the design and engineering teams to uplevel craft, and find resolutions to ambiguous problem spaces. You will tremendously impact the future of collaboration and virality, while helping to define new opportunities to expand the reach of our tools.
From the smallest detail, to big-picture concepts, to long-term strategy, our work is put to the test by millions of creative and marketing users across a variety of fields and experience levels every single day.
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We’re passionate about empowering people to craft and share beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
What you'll do
- Coach and mentor designers and design leaders, hire and attract top-notch talent to the team, and foster a culture where the designers grown, learn and do their best work.
- Build a collaborative environment, encourage deep partnership with cross-functional teams, set a high bar for design craft, and define and implement design strategy for redesigns, 1.0s, and lead all aspects of design execution across releases on multiple surfaces and platforms.
- Lead the Collaboration System and GenStudio teams through strategy, creative direction, and collaboration with product teams and other partners
- Own the articulation and creation of design strategy on a few, most pivotal initiatives.
- Contribute to the product strategy discussions by expressing vivid design visions.
- Incite action in cross-functional partners to deliver a better user and business outcomes.
- Guide the teams in weekly, monthly, and quarterly product releases
What you need to succeed
- 6+ years of equivalent practical experience leading designers, managing design leaders is a plus.
- Experience designing and delivering a collaboration system, workflow or platform design, and/or cross-segment experiences. Collaborative-first software, AI driven workflow development, storytelling, as well as awareness of current industry trends and tooling are desired.
- Lead empathetically, fostering an inclusive and empowering environment for the design team to do innovative and impactful work!
- Embody a learner and mentor mentality; curiosity and ongoing self-education in the field of collaborative and GenAI driven systems.
- Experience working with executives on ambiguous problems and crafting big picture strategies driven by design. Excellent oral and written communication skills are a prerequisite.
- Articulate design strategy through solid, strategic presentations.
- Be an effective facilitator across product-design-engineering teams in early stages of key projects.
- Deep expertise in strategic problem framing and solving problems through high design craft.