Director of Design, GenStudio
Do you want to help define how Marketing and Creative workflows come together with Generative AI for Adobe? Adobe is looking for a Director of Design to join the team and drive the definition and expansion of GenStudio. You will lead a group of passionate and hardworking Experience Designers to define and develop new GenAI powered marketing workflows. Through design, you will bring together powerful capabilities from across Adobe into great end to end experiences for the simplest user and use cases through to supporting studios, creative and marketing professionals in multifaceted campaign delivery.
Working closely with Product and Engineering executives, you will provide strategic design direction and feedback to the design and engineering teams to uplevel craft, and find resolutions to ambiguous problem spaces. You will tremendously impact the future of collaboration and virality, while helping to define new opportunities to expand the reach of our tools. From the smallest detail, to big-picture concepts, to long-term strategy, our work is put to the test by millions of creative and marketing users across a variety of fields and experience levels every single day.
What you'll do
- Coach and mentor experience designers and experience design leaders, hire and attract top-notch talent to the team, and foster a culture where designers grow, learn and do their best work.
- Build a collaborative environment, encourage deep partnership with cross-functional teams, set a high bar for design craft, and define and implement design strategy for redesigns, 1.0s.
- Lead the GenStudio teams through strategy, creative direction, and collaboration with product teams and other partners.
- Have an impact beyond your direct reporting structure to influence end to end integrations, partner team requirements, and the definition of foundational capabilities to be used by team across Adobe.
- Own the articulation and creation of design strategy on a few pivotal initiatives.
- Contribute to the product strategy discussions by expressing vivid design visions.
- Incite action in cross-functional partners to deliver a better user and business outcomes.
- Guide the teams in weekly, monthly, and quarterly product releases
What you need to succeed
- 6+ years of equivalent practical experience leading experience designers, managing experience design leaders is a plus.
- Experience designing and delivering Enterprise GenAI powered experiences. Enterprise marketing software, AI driven workflow development, storytelling, as well as awareness of current industry trends and tooling are essential.
- Understand what it takes to get a product idea to launch to optimize.
- Lead empathetically, fostering an inclusive and empowering environment for the design team to do innovative and impactful work!
- Embody a learner and mentor mentality; curiosity and ongoing self-education in the field of marketing and GenAI driven systems.
- Experience working with executives on ambiguous problems and crafting big picture strategies driven by design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a prerequisite. Articulate design strategy through solid, strategic presentations.
- Effective facilitation across product-design-engineering teams in early stages of key projects.
- Deep expertise in strategic problem framing and solving problems through high design craft.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets, and we pay differently based on those defined markets. The U.S. pay range for this position is $156,200 -- $315,600 annually. Pay within this range varies by work location and may also depend on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the job location during the hiring process.
At Adobe, for sales roles starting salaries are expressed as total target compensation (TTC = base + commission), and short-term incentives are in the form of sales commission plans. Non-sales roles starting salaries are expressed as base salary and short-term incentives are in the form of the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP).
In addition, certain roles may be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of a new hire equity award.
Adobe is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. Learn more.
Adobe aims to make Adobe.com accessible to any and all users. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to navigate our website or complete the application process, email email@example.com or call (408) 536-3015.
Adobe values a free and open marketplace for all employees and has policies in place to ensure that we do not enter into illegal agreements with other companies to not recruit or hire each other’s employees.