Sr Experience Designer, Spectrum Design System
Do you have a passion for well-crafted digital experiences, pixel-perfect UI designs, and solving design problems at scale? Adobe Design is seeking a Senior Experience Designer to join our design system team, Spectrum, one of the most well-respected design systems in the world. We bridge design and technology, providing Adobe with resources, tools, and services that enable design consistency across a range of products.
You will help grow and expand Spectrum 2, the comprehensive update coming to Adobe's design system. Our products are evolving: more modern, more friendly, more accessible, and more enjoyable to use. Spectrum creates the building blocks of user experiences, and it’s getting a major update to make it happen. Spectrum 2 is more than just a design refresh: it’s a set of adaptable resources for making experiences feel contextual, cohesive, and performant. It’s based on real-world situations. It places people’s needs first. It delivers what’s needed, when it’s needed. It’s constantly adapting. And most importantly: it belongs to everyone.
What you'll do
As a key member on the Spectrum design team, your work and voice will have a far-reaching impact. You can help craft the future of Adobe products, used by millions of users every day. You will:
- Apply human-centric design and system-thinking expertise to create future-forward ideas, designs, guidelines, and more to evolve Spectrum's ecosystem
- Apply expertise in multiple platforms’ standards and best practices (web, iOS, iPadOS, Android, macOS, Windows, etc.) to improve Spectrum and make each experience intuitive and feel at home where it needs to be
- Collaborate with framework engineering teams to understand requirements and bridge the gap between design and engineering
- Partner with product teams across Adobe to guide our designs, foster community contribution, and enable successful adoption of Spectrum
- Collaborate across product areas to advocate for the design system, promoting standards, and integrating feedback and changes into design system as appropriate
- Be an advocate for accessibility standards and inclusive design best practices
What you need to succeed
- Prior experience in design systems and a passion for solving complex design problems at scale
- 4+ years of industry experience as an Experience Designer with a proven track record of success
- Experience with design tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, or Sketch
- A collaborative and open-minded outlook, and a high degree of comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Creative and analytical skills to facilitate workshops and communicate insights that inspire design opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate design strategy and rationale effectively and concisely to all functions and levels of the organization
- Comfort mentoring, encouraging an inclusive and empowering environment for other designers to do innovative and impactful work
- Solid understanding of and passion for accessible and inclusive design practices
- Design-related college degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in community-building or education
- Experience designing for multiple platforms
- Familiarity with engineering framework libraries and ecosystems (CSS, React, Web Components, iOS, Android, macOS, Windows)
How to apply
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume and portfolio demonstrating relevant work examples. If your portfolio is password protected, please include the password in your resume.
About Adobe Design
Adobe Design creates tools that amplify the world’s ability to create and communicate. We’re a global team of designers, researchers, prototypers, content strategists, program managers, and more who work across Adobe’s three product lines: Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Experience Cloud.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets, and we pay differently based on those defined markets. The U.S. pay range for this position is $112,000 -- $214,100 annually. Pay within this range varies by work location and may also depend on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the job location during the hiring process.
At Adobe, for sales roles starting salaries are expressed as total target compensation (TTC = base + commission), and short-term incentives are in the form of sales commission plans. Non-sales roles starting salaries are expressed as base salary and short-term incentives are in the form of the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP).
In addition, certain roles may be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of a new hire equity award.
Adobe is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. Learn more.
Adobe aims to make Adobe.com accessible to any and all users. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to navigate our website or complete the application process, email email@example.com or call (408) 536-3015.
Adobe values a free and open marketplace for all employees and has policies in place to ensure that we do not enter into illegal agreements with other companies to not recruit or hire each other’s employees.